Sunday, March 20, 2016

CST 363 Week 3

Week 3

I'm already pretty familiar with using primary and foreign keys in tables and writing queries on tables with those constraints, so the material this week has been pretty quick for me to get through.

Overall, I've enjoyed this section more than the others up until this point since we've had more hands-on assignments. It's difficult to stay engaged when you're not really trying to accomplish anything. I also enjoyed that we had some examples to work on that didn't have to do with students and classes (they're in every class and they're always the most boring to look at).

We're sending a spool file for credit on our homework and I think that these commands are very useful, so I'll post those here for safe keeping:

-- Display the SQL statement along with the result of
-- the execution within the command line.
set echo on

-- Store the output of running the SQL script to a
-- plain text file in a specified location. The txt
-- file is useful for debugging purposes.
spool C:\Users\{user}\{location}\{file name}.txt

-- INSERT SQL COMMANDS HERE

-- Disable spool (stop printing to specified file).
spool off

No comments:

Post a Comment