Wednesday, March 2, 2016

CST 363 Week 1

Week 1

Our first week of this course has been pretty mild. The assignments opened a week early, so I was able to get a head start. The majority of the material we covered had to do with the pitfalls when data is repeated and the anomalies that occur from that. We also learned the various types of keys in a table (primary, foreign, composite, etc.).

I'm very glad everything opened up early this week. It gives me more time to get familiar with this new course structure. It's also helpful because I also started another course (called Operating Systems) and the junior college near me and I'm very nervous about that one.

This week we were told that we will need a PC to install oracle (PC as in not mac from what I could tell), but I only have apple computers at home. I had considered trying to do something like run a virtual machine on my mac, but I decided that I should just by a machine that I can play with for development purposes. I found a refurbished dell on overstock and ordered that. I'm hoping it will come in time for me to get set up on it and install Oracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment