Saturday, April 2, 2016

CST 363 Week 5

Week 5

This week was heavily focused on entity relationships and modeling the relationships using ER diagrams. The two diagrams we learned are the Chen Model and the Crow's Foot Model. I've played around with modeling database systems using the Crow's Foot Model in the past. It was nice to learn all of the additional bits that I didn't know (like a dashed line indicates that a relationship is weak). Also, the Chen Model is interesting to know, too. It provides a very quick overview of a database.

I'm hoping that we can refine these ER diagram skills and get some hands-on practice in the next couple of weeks. I'd like to make use of the computer that I purchased for this course.

Overall, the material this week was dense and I'm still uncertain about how to interpret some of the "business rules" that were provided in class. I think that there are some odds n' ends that could be left up to interpretation, so I'm hoping that it's recognized that way when the homework from this week is graded.

No comments:

Post a Comment