Saturday, April 23, 2016

CST 363 Week 8

Week 8

This week is our final week. We had a final exam and have been working on a group project, which is to design a database. I've been really happy with my group for this assignment. I felt like everyone came together and really put in a lot of effort. Our database is quite large (11 tables!), but I'm happy with the thought that was put into it. As for the final exam, it was a bit more challenging than I was anticipating and I was pretty discouraged that I didn't do as well as I thought I had.

This course had decent content and it was nice to get to know a new database system (Oracle), but I think this content could have been presented with other databases that are more accessible to everyone, like MySQL or PostgreSQL, since we didn't go into anything that was too Oracle specific and I think that the students could learn to write sequence tables if they need to later on when they need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment