Saturday, July 9, 2016

CST 361s Week 1

Week 1

We're already in the first week and I've been extremely stressed out because I don't have a finalized service-learning partner and we're basically out of time. Additionally, I'm in the middle of a reading heavy history course through another college (which ends in ~2 weeks) that has made it very difficult to send out more emails and line up service partners. Honestly, I didn't think it would be so difficult but I'm finding that my work hours make a lot of the in-person volunteer work unavailable to me.

As far as the reading for this course has gone this week, I've really enjoyed the topics. They're relevant to what's going on in society right now and since the founding of this country. We've read a couple of items on what makes up someone's identity, social privileges, and social marginalization. It's really important to try and be empathetic with all different types/groups of people and I think we can always use reminders of this.

I'll hopefully have finalized a service-learning partner next week and will have more to say! I've a couple of leads, but we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment