Saturday, January 9, 2016

CST 336 Week 2

Week 2

This week has been focused on creating webpages with PHP. We were assigned reading from the second chapter of Beginning PHP5, Apache, and MySQL Web Development. We were also assigned videos from Atomic Learning's PHP Training course.

For me, this week and last week are basically once since I messed up on the start date for last week. The projects were pretty basic and we've basically been writing the HTML inside of the strings in PHP. This is my first time working with PHP and I am getting a grip on it, but I am still feeling like PHP is pretty messy and it is complicating my HTML. I get the feeling I'll learn a bit more in the upcoming weeks that will help me clean it up. I'm also going to begin looking at various PHP style guides to better understand how companies keep their code base clean and easy to read. So far, the example videos and code snippets don't appear to have much or any code style discipline. Python, which was used in the last course, has a very distinct style guide. It doesn't appear that PHP does.

We began creating some very simple HTML pages with PHP. Below are my assignments for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment