Tuesday, January 26, 2016

CST 336 Week 4

Week 4

This week we were assigned to read chapters 15 and 16 from Sams Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL, and Apache All in One. The topics covered basic database design and basic SQL statements (SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, etc.). There are three relationships that help relate data in databases: one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many. These relationships help us to better maintain our databases. The chapter assigned used students as examples for these. This is very useful information, but I would really appreciate new examples. Relating students to classes and professors is a very tired example in academics. I find that this example topic leaves me bored and disinterested.

We've also began our first team assignment of the semester. Our team has been a little late to the start, but I'm sure we will complete it fine. I'm glad we have settled on an idea and started building out our tables.

Below are my assignments for the week (team assignment should be posted next week):

No comments:

Post a Comment