Friday, August 26, 2016

CST 361s Week 8

Week 8

I'm so glad that this is the last week of this course and we get to move on to more technical courses. I do see how service learning can be a beneficial course for students because they develop themselves by servicing others, gain connections in the community, and may get to work on products that solve real-life problems (not hypothetical assignments developed by instructors). However, this is not what I am looking to get out of school at this time. What bothered me most about this class is that it was more expensive than the other courses because it was assigned 5 units instead of the usual 4 units. It was difficult and time consuming, but I don't necessarily want to pay more because of that.

I've wrapped up the final material for this course, a written final report and a mini documentary, and am ready to begin the assignments for the next course that are already released.

The final report was pretty straightforward to complete, but the mini documentary took a bit more time. Last weekend I went to the Santa Monica Pier to get some background footage or filler footage for it and I've basically spent the whole week working on it in chunks. I put together some slides and transcripts over the weekend. Throughout the work week I recorded portions of the video and then spent the final two nights piecing it all After publishing it, I realized that I messed up aligning the audio on a slide and put it in the wrong place (whoops!). I didn't want to go through the whole process of republishing ... so it's just going to have to be. This may be a teaser, but I don't really want to share it publicly so I won't be listing it here this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment