Saturday, August 20, 2016

CST 361s Week 7

Week 7

The material for this week was extremely brief because there are a week and a half to complete two modules. There was a quick assignment to go over and understand the fourth service learning outcome, which is multicultural community building or civic engagement and that was pretty simple and straight forward. The only other assignment (other than internal forum posts and blog entries) was to read Five Ways Social Entrepreneurs Use Technology to Increase Their Impact. This article describes how social entrepreneurs can better use or interact with technology to drive their idea. First, the author describes the importance of hands-on experience with building technology as opposed to only learning it. By giving women the experience of working with technology and solving problems, we can come closer to closing the gender gap. The article also says that it's beneficial to have stakeholders in a project, alter the perceptions of society and people marginalized, and share data with the community.

My service learning hours are actually complete, but I have been doing a few things to wrap up my work with my service learner outside of this course. It's been exhausting and I'm really glad that I can wind down a bit for a week before my next two courses begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment