Saturday, October 15, 2016

CST 338 Week 7

Week 7

This week has been easy breezy! I really enjoyed learning Android Studio and getting a simple little application running. Because I've been using IntelliJ (Eclipse was recommended) for this entire class, it was an easy transition to Android Studio (because they're the same).

The application we created doesn't actually do anything, but it's fun to see the possibilities. Looking forward to my last set of assignments and wrapping this course up!

Specific Prompts

Have you ever created an app before, either for Android or iPhone? How did it go?

This was my first time creating a phone application! I have created plenty of web application, but never a native phone application. I'd like to dig into it more, learn how sessions are kept and actions are performed.

Do you have any ideas for apps that you could create for recreation? What about business?

I have definitely come up with some phone applications. The primary one I wanted to work on is a coffee log where a user can record the type of coffee they drank and the grind, brew method, wash method, the region the coffee was grown, and all other kinds of coffee drinking details.

There are also some web applications ideas that I have that could easily be converted into a phone application, like my idea to create an emergency preparedness website. In a phone application, it could serve as the source for where the user's family wants to meet when a natural (or unnatural) disaster happens. It could also send the user push notifications when a natural disaster is expected and remind them of the items they need to prepare for their particular type of disaster for the case that it actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment