Monday, October 31, 2016

CST 438 Week 1

Week 1

This week has gone pretty well. I'll admit that I haven't put as much effort into it as I have other courses and I assume next week will be the same for me. I knew this fall season would be very rough on my personally and academically.

The content covered this week was a combination of version control systems (including git), GitHub basics, and the agile process. I'm familiar with all of these things, but I haven't really read into them before and had more of a hands-on learning environment when I initially learned all of these. I definitely think that helps when trying to absorb the assortment of information.

Our project this week was a very simple hangman website (served through HTTP server). The basic code was initially written by our professor and we only had to fill in the implementation. There were some unexpected snags that directed me down the path of learning more about java jar files. It wasn't part of the instruction but I felt like I came out of this week understanding them better.

We were also placed in groups this week. We have a very basic assignment (coming up with a topic and posting the requirements) for the first week and I'll be interested to see how my new group works out. My last group was pretty fantastic, so they have some serious shoes to fill (heh).

No comments:

Post a Comment