Tuesday, November 8, 2016

CST 438 Week 2

Week 2

This week and the weekend were exceptionally busy for me due to being a bridesmaid in my cousin's out of town wedding, making it difficult to complete my assignments. The assignments are a bit rushed, but it should be the last crazy week for me and this course (thank goodness!).

The topics this week included writing program requirements with UML diagrams and unit tests. This take on UML diagrams is new for me. I am very unfamiliar with them and I don't believe I have completely understood them correctly. However, I'm very familiar with unit tests. I've worked on several professional projects where I had to write them (ended up writing ~300 unit tests per project). They're tedious and can be exhausting to work out, but they really do help you catch mistakes.

I thought that my understanding of unit tests would help me breeze past the work this week, but it's been a lot more in depth and time consuming to work through. The system tests we got for our project were giving me errors, causing me to have an unexpectedly difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment