Saturday, December 10, 2016

CST 438 Week 7

Week 7

The final exam (or assignment) was my primary focus for this week. It was a bit challenging and required some set up because the first two questions had their own programs to import into an IDE and run. However, I think I did okay and will spend the rest of my time focusing on the final paper (due module 8). If I have additional time, I'll contribute to my group project some more.

There were a lot of topics covered in this course. I was familiar with some and not so much with others. Personally, I learned a lot about different diagrams. I already had experience with database schema UML diagrams and class diagrams. However, sequence diagrams and deployment diagrams were very new for me. I really enjoyed learning how to do those.

Because I work in the tech industry, I was already familiar with some of the development patterns (Model-View-Controller mainly), the different workflows covered (Waterfall and Agile), and testing. This is how I know that these are practices already used in the real world and they're worth paying attention to.

I look forward to wrapping up the final pieces of this course and moving on to Design and Analysis of Algorithms!

No comments:

Post a Comment