Monday, December 5, 2016

CST 438 Week 6

Week 6

The assignment this week covered Gantt charts and team velocity (in an Agile workflow). The Gantt charts are pretty straightforward and show what's called a waterfall development process. It's exceptionally planned and relies heavily on the participants getting their work done in an expected time frame. We used a program called GanttProject to chart a hypothetical project. I found it useful and fun to plan out this fake project.

We also created a draft report (that will turn into our final report the last week of class). This was exceptionally difficult for me to complete because it was so heavily based on how my group worked together on our group project that we're currently working on and what we've built. My team has not been very team-like and we haven't had a chance to review any code for each other. Additionally, nothing is really built out yet and we're still looking at a bare bones application. I started two applications a few weeks ago (one for the server and one for the client) that still need to be filled in. However, this weekend I did get both of these applications running on AWS instances through Bitnami. That took a long time, mostly because I didn't know that I had to wait a half day for the servers to be created through AWS.

I believe that everyone is struggling to complete the normal course work and contribute to the team project at the same time. There are people behind in work that are still trying to get caught up on old weeks. Because the group project doesn't have any direct point value on our grade, I believe it's put off until last and results in students not contributing to the group project. I understand why it has the least priority for my classmates and I don't blame them for putting it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment