Wednesday, February 1, 2017

CST 370 Week 4

Week 4

There was a fair amount of new material this week that was very unlike the previous few weeks. We covered a fair amount under the algorithm complexity umbrella, like big O notation, recurrence relations, and time complexity.

I didn't start the homework early enough this week and it really hurt me. The structure was a bit different so I slowly (for this program!) worked through videos and skimmed the readings. I didn't begin the assignment until Sunday, leaving me only Monday and Tuesday (after work) to complete the assignment. For 5 questions, I didn't think it would be too bad... but I was so wrong. There are problem that I worked out but left completely blank because I don't even know how I got to where I was (the step problem).

Discrete mathematics is the last course I need outside of this program. I have paid for it and am in the process of enrolling through the University of North Dakota Online. However, I have not even started it yet. The homework had discrete math topics that I was unfamiliar with. I used my sister's old discrete mathematics textbook to complete what I could of the assignment.

I'm just considering this week a loss and will press on with the upcoming material. I do have some extra credit to fall back on, thanks to the videos. I believe it's best to stay current with the course than dwell on getting caught up. I will spend an additional day trying to complete the unanswered question on assignment. If I don't get it, I will move on. I have at least turned in something. Not all "F"s are the same, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment