Sunday, February 12, 2017

CST 370 Week 6

Week 6

I kept thinking that I'd get ahead this week in this course and place more focus on my discrete math class, but that hasn't happened so far. I think I need to just sit down and focus a little more. I am finding myself frequently distracted.... but we're in the last stretch and I need to keep my eyes on the goal (that's what I tell myself, at least)!

We continued with sorting algorithms this week and added binary searches to our little collection of tools. The assignments were straightforward and really not too bad, once you got going. We implemented a binary search, both iteratively and recursively, in our lab and a non-standard sorting algorithm in our program, which I walk through in the video below.

Overall, I'm happy with the way this course is going. I really appreciate the general structure and predictability. If this were the beginning of the program, I'd be a lot more into it but I'm feeling very run down this week and at this point in the program. The repercussions of doing an additional course each semester while working full time for this entire program are surfacing.

Here is my video of the programming assignment this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment