Sunday, May 14, 2017

CST 499 Week 3

Week 3

The assignments this week were time-consuming. If the workload progresses this way, I am worried about not being able to spend enough time on my team project. I am relieved, however, that I have two great team members that have put a ton of work into the project on their own. We all have very busy lives and are squeezing in school as at is. All of the additional moments spent on things that aren't our project feel like precious moments that slip away. In addition to working on the project, this week we reviewed resumes and LinkedIn profiles for our classmates, finished the first third of our final capstone paper (~10 pages worth), and created a silly little commercial for our capstone project. Here is the commercial for our capstone project:



The project itself is coming along but I'm feeling pretty behind. I've taken some days off this upcoming week for the commencement ceremony (woo hoo!) and I hope to squeeze in as much dev time as possible. I'm also hoping that this upcoming week is a bit lighter in the regular coursework department, especially since I have 12 hours of drive time coming up to get to Monterey. I'm certain we can get caught up if I can find the time to work on it. I'm considering taking a vacation day from work near the end to purely focus on it if I feel I need to.

I find myself getting caught up focusing on the little details, like linters, testing frameworks, and setup and not getting actual pieces implemented. I may implement some features and then return to unit tests once we have some more of our project working.

No comments:

Post a Comment