Monday, February 15, 2016

CST 336 Week 7

Week 7

This week we went through W3 Schools AJAX Tutorials. The assignments this week were focused on using AJAX to retrieve data and JavaScript/JQuery to update the DOM with the retrieved information. This week has been pretty nice for me. This week I was requested to do a quick video demo of my assignment (each student is asked once at a random week in the course). I decided to try the Jing software. The software worked fine, but I ended up having a difficult time trying to convert from their SWF to anything else so that I could put it on YouTube. Everything I tried either didn't work, just had audio, or was watermarked. I ended up using the site that they basically force you to use. I guess that's fine for this demo, but it's likely I won't use that software in the future. As far as I can tell, flash is on its way out (thank goodness!).

My completed assignments for this week are below.

No comments:

Post a Comment