Tuesday, June 6, 2017

CST 499 Week 6

Week 6

My team has been working extremely hard this week to get our project back on track. I'm very happy with the progress we have made and believe that we can get something presentable this week. We're still behind but I think we've really picked up the pace. After spending so much time working with forms in Angular2, the Firebase database, and Firebase authentication, I'm confident that I can get much further on the project this week.

We also took the Major Field Test exam for computer science this week. It was proctored online and very challenging. It was very surprising how difficult it was but I think I could have done decently with preparation. The online proctoring was pretty strict and very interesting to participate in. I found that I ran out of time and had to guess at the end. It was pretty overwhelming. With more time, I could have done much better.

My score was very average. Based on the questions I struggled with, I think my memory management skills could be improved and some topics (like computer architecture) reviewed. However, I think I did well with the software design questions, database management, and data structures questions. After graduation, I may take a break from actively learning outside of work but will definitely continue to at least teach myself new topics in the computer science field later on.

We're in the homestretch! Just a few more major assignments to take care of and we're good. I'll be back next week with an update on how that is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment